CAET Application Checklist
Application Fee $380
Fee includes Practice Act and Background Check
Only individuals employed by an Animal Control Facility may apply.
Application and fee must be received at least 30 days prior to the date of the next exam.
- Click here for online applications.
- Click here for printable applications.
Required Backup Documentation
- Birth Certificate – certified copy (photocopies will not be accepted)
- Name Change –birth name differs from current name
- Marriage License – certified copy (photocopies will not be accepted)
- Divorce Decree – certified copy (photocopies will not be accepted)Photograph
- Current photo of yourself alone
- If you are not a United States citizen, please provide proof of naturalization or authority to reside and work in the United States.
- Education – High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Proof of high school diploma or equivalent
- Letter of Recommendation –(photocopies will not be accepted)
- Letter of recommendation bearing date and original signature from the director or manager of the animal control facility, approving and authorizing your application for the certification as an animal euthanasia technician for that specified facility and indicate if the facility is municipal or county operated or is classified as a 501(c)(3).
- If you are the director, the letter shall be from the county official or supervisor.
- Federal Criminal Background check – effective July 1, 2018 (NEW REQUIREMENT)
- Contact the Board office for instructions.
- Please be advised, the federal background check could take several weeks to process.
WV State Training Exams – You will be notified by the Board once a date has been determined for the training/exams (Must Pass All Exams)
- Jurisprudence – Practice Act/Rules and Regulations
- Written Practical – CAET Training Manual