CAET Application Checklist
Application Fee $335
Fee includes Application, Practice Act, CAET Manual, Jurisprudence Exam, and Certification (Federal Criminal Background check fee must be paid by the applicant)
Only individuals employed by a WV registered animal euthanasia facility may apply.
Application and fee must be received at least 30 days prior to the date of the next exam.
- Click here for online applications.
- Click here for printable applications.
Required Backup Documentation
- Birth Certificate – certified copy (photocopies will not be accepted)
- Name Change – birth name differs from current name
- Marriage License – certified copy (photocopies will not be accepted)
- Divorce Decree – certified copy (photocopies will not be accepted)
- A current photograph of the applicant. Applicant shall be alone in the photograph.
- If you are not a United States citizen, please provide proof of naturalization or authority to reside and work in the United States.
- Education – High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Proof of high school diploma or equivalent
- Letter of Recommendation –(photocopies will not be accepted)
- Letter of recommendation from the director or manager of the animal control facility, approving and authorizing your application for the certification as an animal euthanasia technician for that specified facility.
- If you are the director, the letter shall be from the county official or supervisor.
- Licensure Information (if applicable) – Verification of certification from each jurisdiction where he or she now holds or ever held a certificate. Must be submitted to the Board directly from the licensing Board.
- Federal Criminal Background check – effective July 1, 2018 (NEW REQUIREMENT)
- Click here for instructions to obtain electronic fingerprints - Only done in WV, PA, NY, and TX
- Click here for instructions to obtain manual fingerprinting - Required for out of state other than PA, NY, and TX
- Please be advised, the federal background checks done on fingerprint cards could take several weeks to process. If possible, for faster results, you can register at a WV, PA, NY, or, TX IndentoGO location for electronic background checks.
WV State Training Exams – You will be notified by the Board once a date has been determined for the training/exams (Must Pass All Exams)
- Jurisprudence – Practice Act/Rules and Regulations
- Written Practical – CAET Training Manual