CAET Application Checklist
Application Fee $380
Fee includes Practice Act and Background Check
Only individuals employed by an Animal Control Facility may apply.
Application and fee must be received at least 30 days prior to the date of the next exam.
- Click here for online applications.
- Click here for printable applications.
Required Backup Documentation
- Birth Certificate – certified copy (photocopies will not be accepted)
- Name Change –birth name differs from current name
- Marriage License – certified copy (photocopies will not be accepted)
- Divorce Decree – certified copy (photocopies will not be accepted)Photograph
- Recent photo of yourself, approximately 2 by 2 inches in size such as a passport photo signed by you on the back
- If you are not a United States citizen, please provide proof of naturalization or authority to reside and work in the United States.
- Education – High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Copy of your high school diploma or equivalency.
- Letter of Recommendation –(photocopies will not be accepted)
- Letter of recommendation bearing date and original signature from the director or manager of the animal control facility, approving and authorizing your application for the certification as an animal euthanasia technician for that specified facility and indicate if the facility is municipal or county operated or is classified as a 501(c)(3).
- If you are the director, the letter shall be from the county official or supervisor.
- Authorization of Letter of Character - (photocopies will not be accepted)
- Letter from you, authorizing the West Virginia Board of Veterinary Medicine to make inquiries through the United States Department of Justice or any other legal jurisdiction or entity for purposes of determining your character and reputation, as well as other matters relating to your certification.
- Criminal Background Check
- Contact the Board office for instructions.
WV State Training Exams – You will be notified by the Board once a date has been determined for the training/exams (Must Pass All Exams)
- Jurisprudence – Practice Act/Rules and Regulations
- Written Practical – CAET Training Manual