2019 Legislation Regarding Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Technology, and Animal Euthanasia Technology1/29/2019
Below is a list of current laws regarding veterinary medicine, veterinary technology, and animal euthanasia technology that are being introduced for the 2019 Legislation session.
- Permitting unlicensed persons to be hired by consumers
- Sponsored by Delegates Gary Howell, Scott Cadle, Geoff Foster, D. Rolland Jennings, Zack Maynard, Pat McGeehan, Terry Sypolt, and Chris Toney.
- Relating to prohibiting the performing of an onychectomy (declawing) or flexor tendonectomy procedure on a cat.
- Sponsored by Delegate Rodney A. Pyles, Dean Jeffries, and Tony Paynter.
- Relating to using records of criminal conviction to disqualify a person from licensure
- Sponsored by Delegate John Shott, Foster, Kessinger, and Pushkin.