What Information We Collect and Why We Collect It
- We collect your personal and non-personal information to obtain required data to issue a Veterinary License, Veterinary Technician Registration, or Animal Euthanasia Technician Certification.
- We collect your name, mother’s maiden name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, date of birth, social security number, signature, photo, employment, and criminal information.
- Date of birth and social security numbers are only collected for board use and only shared with the American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB).
- Mother’s maiden name is only collected for board use for website licensee login.
How We Use Your Information
- We share your personal information with or for the following reasons:
- American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB)
- Mailing List
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Biennium Report that is required by the Legislature
- Disciplinary actions are posted on our website.
- As a state agency, we may have to give your information to authorities after receiving a legal request or a court order or subpoena.
- Documents that contain your personal and non-personal information are scanned and stored in a computer server and manually filed in secured filing cabinets.
- We use an encrypted security program to protect your personal information.
Any document, correspondence, or records submitted in connection with your application other than your birth certificate, mother’s maiden name, and social security number may be open to public inspection.
Reviewing and Correcting Your Record – Individual Rights
- You have the right to review your information. If you find something is not accurate, contact us in writing to ask for a correction.
- To make a name change to your license or registration, you must provide evidence of the change.
To change your contact and company information, you must send a request in writing.
Preferred Contact Information
If you do not want to disclose your home address or phone number, you should provide an alternative address and phone number where you can reliably be contacted. You may enter the alternative address on our applications/renewals under “Mail/Email Preference” or you may contact our Board in writing with your “Preferred” address, phone number, and email address.
For More Information
Call us at 304-776-8032 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.